Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Missing Part Of Me


Why can’t I do this; why can’t I write,

Why can’t I do this; why can’t I speak,

Why can’t I do this; why can’t I run,

Why can’t I do this; why can’t I stand,



The constant reminders of the pain I can see,

The tears of fear, a cry for help, why can’t they see,

The part of me has been shattered into pieces,

The part of me has been taken away from me,



This is how I can express such things,

The heart that still stands; it still sings,

It sings for the lord to fix my broken pieces,

It sings for the lord to take my pain away,



Ah; the lord is here to fix my broken pieces,

My oh my; I no longer feel this pain,

At times I could not write; it has been written in my heart,

At times I could not speak; my heart still can speak,

At times I could not run; but my heart still runs to my lord,

At times I could not stand; my heart still kept its stand,



The tears of fear became tears of joy,

The cry for help became a cry of rejoice,

The missing tiny pieces have been fitted back together,

The missing part of me have been replaced with something better,



I shall be as the lord is with me,

If any weapon forged against me; it shall not prevail.







No comments:

Post a Comment